Friday, April 17, 2015

15 Minutes with Author Bonnie Paulson

Bonnie P!
If you don't know Bonnie Paulson, you should! She writes twisted dark thrillers--from zombie romance, crazy multiple personality murderers, and meanwhile she balances it with sweet and clean Western Romances.

Basically she's off the hook, yo!

She's so much fun and just a little (okay, alot) cray cray. Stay tuned through the interview to read an Excerpt from one of her latest projects!

We only have 15 Minutes so let's get this party started!

Bonnie P! You write some crazy stuff all over the spectrum! Where do you get your ideas and is it hard to be that crazy? 

Crazy is exactly the word I use to describe my work, too. The source of my ideas scares me. It's the little things in everyday life. I remember a quote from a classic author (can't remember the man's name) and he said that people pass by a thousand story ideas a day and a writer will find two or three. That's where my ideas come from. It's crazy and it's fun. While it can be exhausting (because who REALLY likes killing people in creative ways?) it can be rewarding as well. 

You've written some sweet book boyfriends. You won't be surprised Slate is my favorite! Was he inspired by anyone or a specific event? 

I love that Slate is your favorite. He's one of mine too! Actually, he's based on Tom Selleck. I love that man. He always brings a piece of himself to every role. Especially Quigley. Sigh. 

Tom Selleck, I never would have guessed. But now I can totally see it! Is there something you're craving to write you haven't got to do yet? 

Hahaha. Yes, always. Yes. I have a series I get to start next spring - same flavor as my Date to Die for serial. So excited for that one. 

If you were going to give any of your characters advice who would it be and what would you say? 

I'd have to tell them all the same thing. "Stay Alive!" Too bad they don't all heed it. 

What's coming next for you and when can we expect to sink our teeth into it?

I'm working on a series that will release this summer The Worth of Souls series has some terrific themes and even more dangerous plot twists. I'm excited to see what the characters do and what everyone things of the upper YA apocalypse thriller. I'm finding it to be lots of fun!

Thank you so much, Jill, for having me. I appreciate your hospitality. 
Stay Alive!


Checkout an excerpt from Romancing Redemption



Lisa’s lips parted, the small pink tip of her tongue darted out to dance across her bottom lip. Ryan’s stomach tightened. His voice grew husky and he went for it. “I meant what I said Saturday. I only went because I might see you.” 

Her smile faded. “But you see me every week. Why haven’t you said anything before now?” Her gaze shot down and then back at his face, doubt shadowing her features.  

He shrugged, but didn’t retreat. “I don’t know. Maybe… I don’t know. I’m sick of playing games. Tired of being alone, you know? I thought…” Ryan fell silent, his pride already tattered around him. He longed to go for a ride, crack the whip a few times to relieve some stress. Why did he always have to make a fool of himself over women who obviously didn’t have the same interest in him? 

“What did you think, Ryan?” Her breathy question gave him pause, doubt overcome by guts.  

“I’m sorry, for the comment I made. I didn’t mean to put you on the spot.” He closed his eyes, face heating up.  

“Don’t apologize, I liked it and I looked for you, too. But, we can’t go that route, right? We need to be friends.” 

She smiled but like she was trying to break it to a rodeo competitor that he hadn’t even placed.  

He scoffed at himself. “Honestly? I thought you might have some feelings for me, too. But… you know, it’s not the first time I’ve been wrong.” But he couldn’t look away. Yet, why would she be interested? He had a son and more baggage than an old school horse-and-carriage.  

“I’m so sorry. That’s not what I meant.” Sadness lowered her lashes. She covered his hand with hers, the contact warm and comforting. “I am interested, but you’re a client. That’s not really ethical, you know? I’m seeing real progress with Jesse and I’m not sure you want to bring in someone new just to see if we’d be compatible on a few dates. Right?” She twisted her lips in a parody of a smile. “Jesse has so much potential. I can’t let him or you down. Okay?”  

Ryan nodded, turning his hand over and capturing her fingers in his palm. “For now. But for the record, I’m not the patient or client – Jesse is.” He winked.  

“For now.” Heat turned her eyes from a sky blue to a darker violet. She ignored the technicality. “Want to tell me what to expect with Wanda?”  

Goose bumps spread up his arms. Wanda. For a scant second, he’d forgotten about Wanda’s visit. He needed Lisa. 

She could make him forget things that never left his mind. For now would have to be the shortest time frame on earth. “Yeah, Wanda. Well, some background for you – she left two days after giving birth to Jesse. He was born with his defect, like you know, and her friend was there for the delivery, and talked the whole time about how terrible having a handicapped child would be to raise.” He swallowed bile at having to repeat those words after so long. “It didn’t take much for Wanda to be persuaded to leave. She just… left. Didn’t tell me or the hospital or anyone. Just disappeared. Like we’d never been together. Like we didn’t have a baby together.”


Romancing Redemption
Nook: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/romancing-redemption-bonnie-r-paulson/1120321012?ean=2940046326147
Kobo: http://store.kobobooks.com/en-US/ebook/romancing-redemption

Our 15 Minutes are up! Thanks for stopping by!
Can't be enough of Bonnie?

It's All About SURVIVAL!
Sign up for her newsletter and get access to contests, Survivor Only Excerpts and information no one else does! 
Twitter: @bonnierpaulson

No comments:

Post a Comment